June 1st. Wow. I’ve entered mid-year feeling like summer is finally coming true…even if half the year is over. It’s so sunny and everything is blooming. It’s simply a gorgeous time to be alive.
I bought a strawberry plant at the store. It was marked down. Too bad I’m not a plant person. That will be obvious to those of you who live in the southern U.S. and know strawberry-picking was going on in April. We went to a patch in April, where they let us eat our fill of strawberries and pay for a toppling bucket of them. I don’t think I’ve ever eaten such sweet, fat strawberries. This doesn’t really explain why I bought a dying plant, though. I guess I just felt sorry for the poor little strawberries nobody wanted. I mean, strawberries are my friends. Save the strawberry plants!
1. No school!! Can I say that again? No school!! Yippeeeeeee!
2. There is a very good possibility that I will be spending a whole week writing. I’m trying not to get too excited about it, but it is very difficult. Seriously, thinking about it renders me speechless. But, oh, can you imagine a whole week of quiet? I can’t. Can you imagine a whole week of writing? I’m trying really, really hard to imagine that.
3. The final chapters of Dragonfly Prince are going to be completed by the end of June. There. That’s my due date…set down…in writing. It is absolutely shameful that this is still dangling on the To Do list. Instead of working on it, I’ve been writing the sequel—which is coming along nicely, but still. Let me just admit it: This is the way writer’s block works for me. I will avoid completing any project right at the last stretch. I see the finish line and start running the other way. I will work on a different story. I will work on ten different stories, and then I will start a new story before I’ll finally grit my teeth and tackle the one that’s only a few pages from finis. It’s like my brain says, “Hey, plot bunnies, Rilla has writer’s block! Time to party!” The crux of it is fear about the unknown of what comes next. *sigh*
4. As I told you at the end of April, my baby sister is getting married. It’s 🙂 and it’s :(. I get to help serve the wedding cake. I didn’t ask her if this meant I actually get to cut the cake. If so, she must love me a great deal. Remember what I told you about me and knives? Add wedding cake to that picture… Yeah.
5. I want to tell you all about my trip researching aspects of Dfly Prince Book 2! Expect more about that next Wednesday.
6. Something I worked on in April might come to fruition this month. It is a script. I’ve written a few in the past few months, actually, and this one was a lot of fun. I’ll be excited to see where the actors go with it. I’ll tell you where to find it, if and when it’s online. If it doesn’t happen, we’ll just pretend I didn’t have a sixth point, shall we?
What are you up to this month?